Tired
I would like to acknowledge the lameness of writing a post straight after the other, but it can't be helped, following the strange pattern of events that ensued today. At least I found some kind of noteworthy sequence worth documenting. Or I am tired.
This all happened because I was tired in a way that had repercussions in my thought process (unknown at the time) and effects in my behaviour - a link which I have not noticed previously in day-to-day affairs.
It starts with me opening a new bank account. Boy, have times changed. I must be one of those people whose stories you wouldn't believe: everything was done in the promised time - from the call, to all the pins, to the delivery of cards and immediate texts and emails confirming complete activation. Can this be true?! Oh, no. I think, 'this can wait, I'm in a hurry,' but nevertheless, stop to ask the lady at an empty counter a very basic question, when she clearly misunderstands the question (I should have known, the amount of time she was taking, typing into the computer as if it's the most arduous task on earth) and blurts out my balance in front of everyone. So then, I have yet to experience the perfect customer service experience, and I wish, with the way things had gone with this bank, that the end result was smooth. Sadly, the end result spoiled the total result. But I'm not complaining. Because if it was totally smooth sailing, I would probably have thought it was a fluke. So there.
That got me thinking - isn't it so inappropriate and demonstrative of utter incompetency, even if a client asks their balance over the counter, to blurt it out so all others can hear? How is this done in other countries? I wonder.
With this question in mind, I was imagining how, for example, a British bank would be in action, and found myself, for the first time ever, walking to my car's passenger's seat with key in hand. The steering's on the left - I had to laugh to myself. Gosh, I must be tired. Currency exchange and cars!
That was when I got to my next destination, and pressed the down button on the lift - which would have taken me deeper into the parking lot. It's really weird I didn't even notice until someone else came along. Perfect opportunity for chit-chat, but the buffoon was not a master at that - unfortunately for him.
From banking to customer service, to cars and parking lots - on the way to the bank, I noticed a very sleek and beautiful AMG model I believe was displayed at the Dubai Autoshow parking up next to me - perhaps I am connecting experiences too much, or my tiredness is automatically seeing connections based on experiences!
Or my mind needs some relief from boredom and boring connections. It could be that.
2 comments:
HI THERE. I'M GLAD SOMEONE FROM MY OLD BLOGGER FAVOURITES IS STILL ALIVE AND KICKING AND STILL POSTING. YOU STILL IN THE UAE?
HRH KING AL RASHID.
heya, still alive? its been a while, just dropped by to say hello :p
Post a Comment