Automobiles are so much fun
I must say, driving standards have really improved. Has anybody noticed the far right lane is now more free? That's where I spend my early mornings and evenings, happily self-awarding myself the 'good driver badge'. And what is it with the 'baby on board' signs? If anybody could tell me where to get a 'Lady on Board' sign, perhaps it would actually get some results. Yeah, I don't mean with the guy in the white, dusty Corolla this morning, and the oversized teddy dangling from the dashboard window. Not as odd a sight as the new Beetle with fake flowers neatly arranged along the back...
I was never a radio fan either, but I've started listening to Virgin Radio in the mornings, and boy, those guys are cool. They are so hilarious; I didn't expect crazy humour to be possible while simultaneously meeting the usual guidelines, and so the lady laughs to herself whizzing past the sand dunes as they engage equally crazy listeners in competitions designed to make you lose and others giggle hysterically.
Does anybody else sing in their cars?
6 comments:
I sing in the car, more often in the shower. It helps ease the mood, and realse some stress. I love to cruise -- especially SHJ to SZR / JAFZ and back. Nice! Likewise love to drive into mountains of NY / NJ and CT. It's pretty beautiful to let go of the worries. What's playing on virgin today?
I can't sing in the shower, it's not something I can do lol! Car is the best place to sing...hehe...only when nobody's looking :-) Yeah cruising is cool, there are some really nice, new developments in Dubai, btw...all filling up quickly (well, the lights are on...don't know if anybody's actually living inside...)
I only listen to the radio on the way to work - thank goodness for Virgin coz those guys crack me up! And the songs they play are current hits so one gets to keep updated with what the world outside is jamming to :)
I'd like to know why the "Baby on Board' signs are there too. Someone reading this must have put one in his/her car, so please tell us.
Is it because you're proud of your new baby? Is it to excuse your bad driving? Is it in the mistaken belief that others will take more care?
I sing in the car; I sing on the motorbike. I was singing in a traffic jam once, and got such funny looks. Until I held up a music cassette to the onlooker.
"Oh, that's all right then!"
car is the best place to sing.... and since i moved to Saudi Arabia I started to feel how driving in Dubai is way civilized than any country in the middle east... OMG you should come to saudi to drive :p
as far from the "Lady on Board" you should be able to find them at Hallmark stores... a friend of mine she used have "blond on board" "lady on board" signs :P
Seabee, it's the 'baby on board' sign that always makes me curious - where's the baby, Mr. Single, speeding man? Usually a black Chevrolet if I'm not mistaken. LOL!
Grumpy Goat - makes two of us then - still singing along to cassettes, that is!
Hey Naseem...so you've moved to KSA already. I should keep up with your blog to be updated on how you are finding it. Watch out for the drifters!
Do they really sell those signs! Wow can't believe it!
Post a Comment