Saturday, July 18, 2009

Stop smoking!

If you want to stop smoking, just put the cigarette down and inhale to a new life, free of addiction, right?

Yeah - just do it!

Err, yes, it's as easy as that. You don't need self-help books (if you think you can do it yourself and apply easy logic) - you just need to figure out if you're ready to quit, and set a timeframe, and be ready for it.

Sometimes it's as easy as working yourself upto the time you want to wake up one day and say 'I don't need this ciggy anymore!' and that does it. Your body and mind automatically repel the previous mind thoughts of 'I need a cigarette' and from then on, you are free to conquer the nicotine-world and get on with your life.

Not giving up tobacco even though you want to is like a form of procrastination. What will I do with all this new-found energy? Kickbox, read, dance, sing, run, I don't know! But when you stop smoking, you feel alive, rejuvenated, and it's totally amazing how much energy you have. You just need to find a way to expend that new energy, because it's going to come in massive waves, and you need to surf it, and reinvest it in more productive channels.

5 comments:

lostgirl said...

Agreed.

i*maginate said...

Agreed too :)

Anonymous said...

I used to say that even though I wanted to quit smoking I couldn't and make up some silly excuse for it. BUT like you said, all I had to do was just stop smoking, and I'm happy to say its been almost a month and I haven't had a fag once :D

Loved your post, hopefully people will realize that you're right and it really is that simple!

~*~ Bint en Naas ~*~

Markoel said...

I stopped last year for 3 months and for some silly reason picked it up again. Well here is to your advise, and today I will Just stop, simple as that really. Breath in Breath Out. Thanks.

i*maginate said...

Sorry for the late responses!

Bint en Naas, WOW! It's amazing how varied the strategies people use to stop smoking - just stopping is one of them, and has worked for more than one of us, as I see from the comments!

COOL!

Smoking is such a bad habit and I'm happy you liked the post...sometimes it's nice to see how others in the same situation approach the same problem.


Markoel,

I'm happy you found some inspiration in this post. It's just my philosophy if I want to turn over a new leaf - I realise I'm making excuses and approach the problem head on. I've stopped and started too, but the one thing I've learned is not to start AGAIN!

Good luck! x