Wednesday, June 4, 2008

experienci*ng AD

My experience of Abu Dhabi indicates an underlying wealth of difference between the capital and Dubai, and my examples are solely in terms of customer service.

Telephone conversation with major airline:

The employee (although friendly) was simply unable to provide facts like an e-library, which is what any competent sales rep should be able to do.

What's the flight schedule? Obviously reading off a table with checkmarks, mistakes had to be corrected whilst confirming days: not impressive. And a few other hiccups...not unexpected, but good job all-around, especially from an airline with more than 4 classes on board! (the call was answered pronto - must accredit them with that)

@ a private hospital:

The ladies' waiting area was near the gent's room (!). AC was bad: add that to my qualms. Does one really need to a) walk through an ICU to get to a GP; b)listen to nurses' exchanges about patients' complaints in the waiting room?

@ a favourite restaurant:

It was near closing time but our order was taken. As the starters arrived, we were informed grilled food was no longer available so we re-ordered accordingly. The waiter later arrived to confirm no main courses were available, whatsoever. I return tomorrow.

My Abu Dhabi experience ends on a high note. A car hit mine whilst parked, and I discovered the offender had left his insurance details.

Can I say "only in Abu Dhabi"? Yes: "Abu Dhabi Rising".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

at least it ended well! you do need someone who knows AD to get the best out of it (and discover the places that open late!)

Stained said...

left his insurance details...better that then having someone hit your car and run away...a big pain especially if you're under the age of 25...

i*maginate said...

*nadd - indeed! So you know AD well ;-)

*stained - hence the title "experienci*ng AD" God bless the person who left his insurance details. I went to pay my respects.

* said...

DUH!!
YEHHHH LIKE ME.
Why princess? why?
Ya3ni why?
Why no call me......

booohooohooo
(curls up in a corner and cries eyes out till mascara runs, and eyes get swollen)

Jayne said...

I'd rather live in Abu Dhabi than Dubai............altho', my opinion my change if I'm still here in 5yrs time, as it'll be just like it's neighbouring emirate by then!

Anonymous said...

lol not exactly...but i have friends that do :)

i*maginate said...

sorry y'all dear bloggers, been lazy with comments recently! Will respond after my lil trip abroad...

kaya and jayne - etihad, here I come! LOL