Sunday, May 13, 2007

Let's talk about the future

The past and present: that's what everybody's talking about, and there's nothing new in that. While we still have the present to hold onto, I wonder what the future holds, and how life will change.

It's easy to lose track of the many changes going on around us but when you observe with a close eye, changes are happening much faster than you think...and before you know it, tomorrow is already here.

I reminisce about the past, live in the present and wonder about the future.

16 comments:

BuJ said...

hey! good to hear from you.. glad you're still alive and kicking.. remember.. kicking is essential :)

Para Glider said...

{I reminisce about the past, live in the present and wonder about the future.}

Ah, that's what I've been getting wrong all these years - I was doing it the other way round!

Taunted said...

So I*, fancy dinner?

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the speed of change reference.

In some ways Dubai, to me, seems like one of those movie or televesion scenes that show the sped up passage of time, typically transitioning between day and night. The difference is that in Dubai, it seems to go on around the clock.

As inconvenient as it is to live amongst all this development, it does stimulate the imagination doesn't it? What will be looking at a week from now? A month? A year?

Hasina Suliman said...

:) the wonder of it all...
we have it all... yet we think , wonder and pine for... everything that is more. :)

Anonymous said...

yo need someone to feed u what u shat
get a spoon and help urself

i*maginate said...

*buj, kicking is great when you have something nice to kick!

*paraglider, I'm glad you enjoyed the wordplay on that. Hell knows: perhaps I'm living in the future and reminiscing about the present? LOL - seems like something one would experience only at the Paranormal, or the other place you've now decided to leave Dubai for.. I'll be reading about it on your blog!

*Guy, sure, but who's first, me, or the two chicks over at Sex and Dubai? Choose!

*quixotic - yes, it goes so fast that sometimes experience doesn't really count for much. Rules and systems change fast and I find one has to stay on top of the game otherwise you don't know what's going on...and it takes a lot of effort to get simple things done here though I hope that's also changing for the better. As far as the future is concerned, I hope things will ease up and life becomes more predictable if anything.

*lady - indeed we yearn for more, but at the moment I just yearn for stability and a clear future.

*anonymous - From your experience, that particular ingredient might appeal to your tastes, but unfortunately it does not form part of my nutritional intake. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Hans said...

Hello Princess, I wonder, is Dubai really changing so fast? Is this change not only superficial? Only technical things, modern equipment? Some sex and a bottle of alcohol for the happy few? How about the menality / the psychology / the mindset of the native people? Their attitude towards others who have less money or are from a different race or religion? How to treat foreigners that do the hard work in your country, do they have rights as well? Does that change as rapidly as the colour or your I-pod or handphone?

Sex and Dubai said...

*Guy, sure, but who's first, me, or the two chicks over at Sex and Dubai? Choose!

Rule no. 1: Never leave the ball in the man's court.

You can have him.

MASS said...

you can kick buj,, he seems like a nice kicking !

yeah future is good stuff,, as long as you put on your groove for the present and learn from the past,,

and it is even better when you start to work out e7mm..

Taunted said...

S&D, "You can have him."

Only if I want to, and that's certainly NOT a given!

I am choosy you know...

i*maginate said...

*Hans, my response to your interesting comment is answered in the above post!

*Sex and Dubai, whatever made you think I wasn't intentionally leaving the balls in the man's court. On your blog, you already asked Guy to stand in the queue - my intention was to recycle him when you're both done with him. Don't forget to post on the juicy bits so I have a *head start*

*al-hanbali - nice words. About the work-out, yeah, need to hit that gym. Hope your workout adventures are going well ;)

*Guy, you have no choice in the matter. Lie back and enjoy, but keep the noise down ;)

BuJ said...

al hanbali.. i don't think i've had the displeasure of making your acquaintance. do you kick every random person you meet? wait.. don't answer that.

just mind your own business in the future.

Taunted said...

Just don't wear Dolcis white stilettos!!

BuJ said...

btw, guys why don't u just exchange numbers and stop wasting time..

i'll wait for the nice (or really bitchy) posts next week :)

rosh said...

"I reminisce about the past, live in the present and wonder about the future."

You talkin about me? I do this everyday :)